First to my sister-in-law Carol, if I thought Fed-exing a pizza to you would work I would do it in a heartbeat. However, it wouldn't be De Lorenzo's Tomato Pie, it would be Geno's or Giordano's from Chicago. They have the best pizza hands down on either side of the Mississippi! Charles and I were in Wisconsin for a conference and we seriously contemplated driving into IL to find a Chicago style pizza place. Someday we will have pizza together! We would love it!
Second, about the pictures of our new house. Yes Aunt Sharon, that light will be a bugger to clean in the front entry and the big ledge has already proved to be a bother. We have had a few projectiles which have been launched and have landed up there. It requires getting out the step-ladder to fetch the items down. I prefer to leave whatever it is up there awhile until it gathers a few "friends" making it worth my while. Also the objects don't seem to be missed if I have left them up there awhile and then take them down when everyone is gone. One note of interest - the window above the ledge is one you can open - like someone is going to haul a ladder every time they want to open or close that window!
Another note also for Aunt Sharon - the picture in Nick's room is actually Jeb Stuart not Stonewall. Below is our picture of Robert E. Lee (left) and that is Joshua Chamberlain on the right.
We also have a Stonewall Jackson but I think he must be in the attic. If you would like to see it let me know I will take a picture of him for you and post it. Charles had an Iraqi artist paint these portraits for him while he was in Iraq. Charles would give him a photograph, sometimes in black and white and then he would tell him what colors everything needed to be. Obviously the man was very talented. I wish Charles would have had another set done. I think we could have put them on Ebay and made a killing!
Lastly, I know my mom has mentioned this in personal email, not sure if it has been posted on the blog, about updating Isaiah's school picture. I can't find it! I got the retakes back before we moved and now I can't find where I packed them. I can't find any of the school pictures for any of the kids. I keep hoping I will run across them but so far no luck. I think frequent moving, while eliminating clutter also causes accelerated brain cell loss causing one to go crazy. I feel like the old guy in Peter Pan who lost his marbles...
1 comment:
Those pictures are amazing. I'll have to be sure and show Kyle. What are they painted on? Very interesting!
Sharon
Post a Comment