Monday, February 23, 2009

Catching you up


Last week while Charles was away, my friend Ellen's husband was also out of town for the week so we decided to take our kids out for supper. We went to one of their favorite places called, "De Lorenzos Tomato Pie." It is an East Coast style pizza, very thin and lots of tomatoes in the sauce. I should have had the photo taken while there was pizza to be seen but it disappeared very quickly. Ellen and her family are from Mississippi and you pronounce that, "Missippi." I guess us northerners say it wrong. Her son Jack is in Hannah's class at school and her daughter Bailey is in third grade. We have alot of fun togther.

Friday I spent another day filling at the schools this time as an assistant in the special ed room. The first little guy I met, a first grader, - I'll call him David -(cute as a button I might add), I was told "he's a runner and he bites and pinches." Wonderful. I was sitting next to him at lunch. They were just about finished when the little bugger took off running, stepped up on the cafeteria bench then on top of the table. I gave chase and hauled him down. Oops! I think he did all that in 3 seconds flat! I felt very victorious by the end of the day, however, leaving with only a small hole in my pants, being pinched once and never was bitten!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauri,
Congrats on the new teaching postion! I guess being a sub puts you at the mercy of the school and you go wherever they need you...wow, you have really had your hands full! Totally reminds me of a couple of little guys in my Montessori class! Some days are just plain rough! Glad you seem to have lots of energy and a positive attitude though.

That pizza sounds really good, how 'bout FedX'ing a box to Dallas?! LOL! ;-)