Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Random Tidbits

I just had to show you this picture. This relates to a blog I wrote "Did you know?" when I told you about the trumpets and the National Anthem being played every evening at 5:00pm. We were at a block party with many of our neighbors on Halloween. We had a chili potluck together before trick-or-treating began. I kid you not, moments before I snapped this picture, swords, light savers, footballs and all mayhem was happening in the front yard. It was absolutely wild! Then the trumpets sounded and every kid stopped and stood still. What a precious moment! The best came at the end of the National Anthem when one little guy yelled "play ball!"



Then it was off for trick-or treats. I had originally told Nick he was too old to go trick-or-treating so he decided to dress up real scary and scare the kids that came to our door. It wasn't as exciting as he thought so I finally relented and let him go.



Maddie had made plans with a friend (of course)so off she went.



I took the other two. Some folks in our neighborhood went all out with their yard decorations. This one had a spot for a photo shoot on their bench with Mr. Skeleton. I was completely wiped by the end of the evening!



Other Causey news: Nick had his District race last Thursday in cross country. There were eight teams there to compete. Nick finished a fabulous fourth! His team did awesome with his teammates finishing 1,2,3, Nick 4th, and 5! They won the District meet with the fewest points possible! It was a grand ending to a wonderful season for Nick. He is already looking forward to next year!

Maddie went to school today after being "sick" yesterday. She read the blog about her and was bothered by one thing - I didn't post her email address! I guess she thought all her fans would want to email her! So - if you would like Maddie's email address, please post a note and I will get that to you.

No comments: