The story and character of Anne is fictional but L.M. Montgomery used the home of her Aunt and Uncle for inspiration which is still on the island. We camped on the island for 4 nights and after the first day the weather was less than pleasant. Cold, windy and rainy, too rainy and windy to have campfires. There were a couple of nights were I was comforted by the thought that if our camper blew over I would land on my feet. Others in my family wouldn't have been as fortunate.
We explored the shore around the island. It was very unique and beautiful.
We also explored a state park. It seemed very deserted. It had an abandoned feel to it. I stumbled upon this tree one morning when I had ventured out for a morning run. I brought the kids back. It looked like a tree out of a fairy tale or fantasy story. It had a lone Adirondack chair setting under it. Very picturesque.
We rode horses one afternoon - paid to ride on a trail around a pasture and through a grove. Very disappointing. We did drive to a theater in Charlottetown to watch the last Harry Potter movie.
The weather made the time there a bit difficult. We were tired of sitting in the camper. We were ready to hit the road and burnt out on camping. We had planned to camp at Fundy Bay a few nights but decided we needed a break from camping. We set off to head back to the good ol' U.S. of A.
No comments:
Post a Comment