Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break??

Minnesota is not the best direction to head for spring break but I had work to do. Our renter had moved out of our house mid-March and some rooms needed updating. So with the very generous help of my mom and my sisters, we renovated! Tuesday we scraped down the popcorn ceiling in three bedrooms, a hallway and bathroom and started painting walls. Wednesday, woke up to snow and almost cussed, scraped the final ceiling, ceiling guy came and refinished all the ceilings, picked out carpet and continued to paint walls and closets. Thursday we primed and painted the ceilings, put in a new bathroom vanity, and continue to paints walls and closets. (Closets are real buggers! Small space but a lot of work!) Friday was touch up, put up new lights in all four bedrooms, washed windows, put on outlet covers and switch covers and a hundred other little tasks that take up so much time. Please pray that we get an offer on our home soon. I would love to see a family with kids enjoy the great outdoors there like our kids did.

I flew back to NJ early Saturday morning and fell asleep on the plane before we even took off. I was awake for about a half an hour during the flight and sipped a ginger ale and read my book. Fell back asleep and when I woke up everyone in front of me and beside me was gone! There were only about four rows of people in the back of the plane gathering their bags and heading out. How embarrassing! At least a flight attendant didn't have to wake me up!

1 comment:

Kali said...

Guess I know who I'm calling when I need some work done - wow! That makes me tired just reading it.