Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We got up in the dark and headed to NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, something I thought we should see in person while we were here. Well - now we can say, "been there, done that." What an amazing mass of people! We were on the sidewalk on the corner of 57th St and 7th Ave. I think we were about 15 people deep away from the curb. It neat to see and be there but without the TV announcer telling us who was on each float it was hard to know exactly we were looking at. I'm not that celebrity savvy. The best part was the two older ladies who got into a fight about three people away to my right. First heated words about who was standing where, then some shoving, then screaming, pushing, hair pulling, cursing, scratching! Wow! A couple of guys jumped in and pulled them apart but they didn't want to give it up. One guy finally shoved his mom away down the street. Quite the scene. After that Santa came by and the parade was over. I was so mad at myself while we drove to the train station this morning because I forgot my camera. After we got on the train I remembered the camera was in the van...Ugh! Sometimes I really don't like myself. I ended up buying a disposable camera in NYC. Now I need to get the film developed...
No comments:
Post a Comment