Friday, February 26, 2010

Surviving a "Snowcaine"

Well, it hasn't been as impressive as the name but we do have another snow day off from school. The last storm we had packed more snow and wind than this one. The problem here is twofold: 1. There aren't enough snowplows per capita to keep up, and 2. The snowplow drivers we do have lack experience... So here we sit with about 6 inches of new snow, no wind, and a day at home.

I do want to thank everyone for your encouraging comments on the last post and I do want to do some shout-outs to those who commented:

O'Rourkes - Thanks for the encouragement - do really think I am going to have to study??

Favorite Neighbor - Let's be honest - we were both relieved that the summer classes are at night so our "beach days" won't be ruined! Gotta have priorities.

Sharon - Considering I don't have to run, do push-ups, find out what a tazer feels like, or shave my head, and I am under 50, I don't deserve the "wow" factor.

Nancy Lee - you make me sound a little schizophrenic and maybe that was intentional?? I hope you know that you are the true amazing woman with your amazing weight-loss journey. I'm just going to sit on my butt and listen to lectures and do homework.

Mom - It means that the kids will be coming to your house for a month without me :) I do hope to work something out.

Julie - Didn't know you were a blog reader of mine. Thanks for the wonderful memory... Madison is now wearing my college softball jersey to school like it is some historic relic.

Theresa - thanks for the kind words and for keeping in touch. I enjoyed your last email about salad dressing. :)

Next post will have pictures - I prommise!

No comments: