Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Just an Update

Well, Hannah-babe is doing fine. She turned a little greenish-yellow across the top of her nose but nothing too spectacular as far as color goes. Her nose is still very tender but it looks great. She was back at ball practice tonight and is ready for her first game of the season on Thursday.

Nick had his first track meet today. He placed 4th in the mile with a time of 5:43. Three guys from his own team beat him - all 8th graders. Very respectable. About 10 minutes after the mile he ran the half. He placed sixth with a time of 2:43. He also threw shot put but I don't think he placed in that one. I couldn't stay until the end of the meet because I needed to help at Hannah's practice tonight too. The weather is chilly - a very cold wind today. I donned my cuddle-duds before the meet and was very glad. I know - compared to some places in this country - I really can't complain.

Speaking of some of those "other" places, I hope Settlers was played tonight with all respect and good sportsmanship. The rest of us don't think it is too nice that you all are having fun without us as Charles gets to spend a few days in MN for "work." Please let me know who the champion was tonight!

2 comments:

Heather (aka Mrs. Bra - Ha ha!!) said...

Shane won . . . grrrr! Glad we all could say hi to you. David said to give Nick a big high five for the great job at his track meet.

Nancy said...

We had a great night. Wish all of you could of been here.