Monday, December 29, 2008

Belated Christmas

Well, well, well. The long awaited day has come and gone already and it was wonderful, wasn't it? Our Christmas day was almost perfect. We got up around 9am, (pure bliss) and Santa had left gifts (amazing) and gifts were opened and everyone got just what they've always wanted (I think). Shortly after that, Charles received a phone call that a soldier from our area had been killed in Iraq that morning and he needed to notify the family. The soldier left behind a wife and three kids. Charles left about noon and returned at 7pm. As the kids and I sat down to our turkey feast, our lives were once again brought into clear focus of how blessed we truly are.

Remarkably, our tree remained standing through the holiday. We only had to straighten it back up once. Somehow it had begun to tilt again. Yesterday, I took down all the ornaments and had Charles and Nick chuc- no, I mean throw (I almost used your name in vain again Chuck - sorry) that tree outside. I need to reclaim my house and get it clean, and I mean really clean! A deep clean! BECAUSE.... We have special guests coming! My sister Sara and her family are flying in tomorrow night and we can't wait!! We have been counting the days for little Luke and Ava to come and see us. They will be here for a week. Yippee!

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and have a great New Year and do take a moment to think about the many blessing you really do have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that tree story reminded me of our first year in North Carolina living at MeMa and Poppie's house. We decided to go out into the woods and chop down a Christmas tree! We got it home and put it in the stand and decorated it. and then about midnight that tree fell over...oh my word, it was not a pretty sight! Anyway, we never did get the tree to stay up after that so we had to go out and buy one....amazing since we were surrounded by beautiful trees and woods! Your story totally reminded me of that...I'm glad your tree finally did stand up!

Love you guys! So glad I "found" your blog again! Big HUGS to all of you. :)

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

That's twice now Lauri. I forgive you but can't guarantee that I can make it to seventy times seven so let's start reigning in the tongue - ahh - keyboard.

Chuck A.