Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Whew!

I just found out my placement for student teaching next semester. I will be teaching kindergarten!! I was in shock for a few days but I am looking forward to it. I start January 18. I have been substitute teaching here in our district everyday since the week before finals. Manage to keep myself busy - too busy actually. Tomorrow I am taking the day off, I have my massaged scheduled that I won from the triathlon and I'm looking forward to that!!

We are celebrating Christmas Eve with our neighbors from Mississippi and are being treated to their traditional Christmas Eve meal - shrimp gumbo! Then we are all going to head to the Christmas Eve service here on post.

Christmas Day we are celebrating with another neighbor. Lori's husband is deployed so her and her three kids are coming over for Christmas dinner and an afternoon of hanging out and playing games. Should be a great time. Lori is the gal I run with every morning (o.k. - most mornings...). We are contemplating a marathon in May in Pennsylvania. My mind keeps going back and forth between - I can do this/I am CRAZY/I can do this/I am CRAZY! Maybe you can be the judge.

1 comment:

Nancy Lee said...

I have the same thoughts. I want to do a marathon before I turn 50. That leaves 6 years. Sometimes I think I might be crazy. Other times I think I really want to do this just once.