Monday, September 20, 2010

Life is flying!

I am holding my head as high as I can and only keeping my nose out of the sea of school work assigned to me! Wednesday I start in the Trenton Public School System. I've been assigned to a third grade class in Grant Elementary. 52% of the students are native Spanish speakers. A dress code is enforced for the students because of gang tensions. Pray for me. Thess are inner-city kids who don't have much. Please pray that I can be Jesus to these kids.

Nick has been doing great in XC. Last meet he finished 10th overall and the 5th guy to finish for Northern Burlington Varsity. His time was 18:03 for 3.1 miles. I can't even do two miles in that time. Maybe I have a broken leg... Anyway, his next meet is tomorrow.

Maddie is plugging away at XC. Not her favorite but she is hanging in there. Her first meet is tomorrow. She is doing great in school and doing a lot of babysitting lately. She invested in a pet mouse over the weekend. I'll post pictures of "Chrysanthemum" at another time.

Hannah celebrated her 12th birthday over the weekend. She desperately wanted a pet so she got two hamsters - "Squish" and "Peanut." I can't believe we are willingly living with rodents... She is playing fall ball and doing a lot of pitching and loving every minute of it.

Isaiah is living large enjoying third grade. The highlight of his day is 3:20pm when he gets home, takes off his shoes and goes to play with his neighborhood buds.

Charles is doing well, recovering from back surgery. He hopes to start doing light running this week. Overall he is doing great. He has written and published his first novel. We hope to have it in print by November.

I'm crossing off the weeks, looking forward to mid-December, the end of my semester. How pathetic! I'm also plugging away at my triathlon and training for my 10 mile race in October.

3 comments:

kelseylynae said...

wow!

When it's all overwhelming and you think the kids aren't listening remember NOTHING DONE IN LOVE IS EVER WASTED.

Sharon said...

I just have one question. What are you doing in your spare time??
Thinking about you!

Nancy said...

We got a hamster last month. His name his pip-squeak. My stomache hurt as I made that purchase. I still haven't touched the thing, but Bethany seems to like him. Bethany keeps telling me "he won't hurt you just hold him." I keep telling her, "I don't need to touch that thing"