We toured the Alamo. Neat place with a beautiful courtyard all around. It was interesting reading the history of the building.
You could go in and tour and see many artifacts. There was no photography allowed inside however.
I loved the huge old trees. This huge tree had a well under it. There were aqueducts that ran through the courtyards but they wisely dug one well inside the walls so they would have access to fresh water if anyone ever dammed up the aqueducts from the outside.
Tuesday evening we took our nephew David out for supper. He is currently stationed at Ft. Sam Houston. He had just passed the national EMT certification that day! I have kicked myself a hundred times for forgetting to snap a picture together. I thought of it during the middle of the meal but decided to wait until we were finished eating - dumb, dumb, dumb! Sorry Carol! After we brought David back to the barracks we did a little exploring. I'm sure you have heard of Major Hasan on the news lately. Well, he is in Brooke Medical Center located on Ft. Sam Houston. We drove over there and snapped a few pictures. I wanted to sneak up and get his chart and make a notation that he needs an enema daily (a little revenge Schoon style). May not have been the best thing for Charles' career if I had gotten caught so I refrained.
Down through the old part of San Antonio they have the Riverwalk. It is an area below street level with canals that have been landscaped beautifully. You can walk along and eat at all the different restaurants, shop in the stores, and tour the downtown by boat.
We ate supper down along the Riverwalk often and one evening had the mariachi musicians play for us while we dined.
We had supper one evening with Charles' boss Chap. Kirk and his wife Jo. We ate at Mamasitas. The food was delicious but the entertainment left a little to be desired.
One nook we found while wondering around downtown...
It was a lovely week!
1 comment:
Awesome pics, although a twinge of disappointment of not having one of David and you both! :O But it looked like a wonderful trip, I have been to San Antonio but did not see all the historic things you did. Hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving today! Love you all, thanks for sharing Lauri!
Post a Comment