Now on to family activities.
Hannah had a big day on the 17th. She turned 11! We celebrated by having Grandpa and Grandma Causey over for supper and cake. Hannah chose a marbled cheesecake for her birthday cake. It was very yummy! She got some great gifts and lots of cool hard cash. She is thinking about buying some type of ipod.
Yesterday (Tuesday) Nick and Maddie had their first Cross Country meet. Maddie has been enduring painful shin splints. She and her coach agreed it would be best to give her muscles a rest so she helped with keeping times and places for her team.
Nick was nervous! It was kind of a disappointment that the other three teams at the meet brought a TOTAL of four seventh and eighth grade boys, not much competition. Our team had 26 boys!
Nick came through and won his very first race!! The course was exactly one mile in length and his time was 5:18. He smoked everyone. Tomorrow is their next meet. I'm looking forward to it and I'll keep you posted.
3 comments:
Way to go Nick! Sounds like a great start to the season. And Maddie, hang in there - I remember the pain of shin splints all too well. They'll get better soon!
OOPS! So sorry Hannah that Aunt Carol totally forgot your birthday this year. Happy Belated Birthday...and a BIG Birthday (((HUG)))....you look great in that picture Hannah, and I love cheescake too, good choice!
Cute pic too of Nadine and Isaiah! Dad is starting to look a little old in that pic of him and Nick although it is good to see him smiling with Nick! Glad you all had a good time. :)
Sorry about the shin splints Maddie! :(
Sorry...didn't mean to be anonymous - you know I can't be anonymous for very long! Nick can eat at your favorite neighbor's house ANYTIME!
Post a Comment