We've had many ball games in the past few weeks. Both Hannah and Isaiah continue to do well. I think the seasons are over by the third week of June.
Memorial Day weekend we pulled our little camper up to Lake Champlain, VT. It was gorgeous! We had a very relaxing time with the family. One afternoon we rented a pontoon boat and enjoyed being on the lake. The kids did some fishing. We caught several jumbo perch and a couple of small mouthed bass. One was quite large and broke the line as we got it up to the boat. We didn't have a net along...oops.
This was the view from the campground.
Not only did I celebrate our anniversary and Mother's Day this month, I also celebrated a birthday. Charles surprised me with a flight back to Minnesota for a few days. We got home from camping Monday night and I flew out late morning on Tuesday after quite a few loads of stinky camping laundry I might add.
The time there was delightful! I'll post about this trip in a couple of days. I forgot my camera and need to have some photos emailed to me so I can include them on my post.
One funny story - I had Ava and Luke at the park Saturday afternoon. There were two other little kids there that Ava quickly befriended. After awhile I mentioned to Ava the she had about 10 minutes left to play before we had to start back for home. Ava looked at her new little friend and said, "That's my Aunt. Her name is Lauri. She's 40." Thanks Ava!!
1 comment:
Wow Nick, you sure must of made your mom proud! What an amazing corsage and Lauri, you look so pretty! I LOVE your longer hairstyle too. :)
Looks like a great family vacation...Nick is one cool dude in those mirror sunglasses too! Reminds me of some of the pics we have of riding in and driving Uncle Jack's pontoon boat in GA at their lake house...we had so much fun too.....seems like a long time ago though cuz my kids were pretty young!
By the way, Happy Birthday Lauri! I never knew it was your birthday, wow, can you really be 40 years old?! You should rejoice in the fact that you do not look it! I always still think you and Matt are in your 30's for some reason! Little Ava was so cute, but what a reality check, huh?!
Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment